Brush Pickups & Wood Chips
If brush needs to be picked up due to a storm , complete a service request to Public Works (LINK to form), or call 630-836-3050. If brush is blocking traffic and/or causing a hazard, it will be attended to promptly. Updates on storm brush pickup will be posted under "Spotlights" on the City homepage (LINK) and on the City Facebook page (LINK).
Brush Pickup Schedule
Seasonal brush pickup occurs in April, May, September and October:
- Zone 1 - 1st Monday of the Month
- Zone 2 - 2nd Monday of the Month
- Zone 3 - 3rd Monday of the Month
- Zone 4 - 4th Monday of the Month
If Monday is a holiday observed by the City (LINK to City Calendar), pickup will be on Tuesday. For example, the first Monday of September is Labor Day, so pickup will for Zone-1 will occur on Tuesday.
Identify your zone: Brush Pickup Zone Map (PDF).
Preparing a Pile for Pickup
Please observe the following guidelines to ensure staff safety and an efficient pickup.
If your brush pile does not comply with these guidelines, it will not be picked up.
- All brush must be bundled securely with twine, no wire.
- Bundles must not exceed 50 pounds.
- Put out pile prior to 7:00 A.M. on the day of pickup.
- Limit to one pile of trimmed brush per address.
- No logs, lumber, yard waste, thorns, or root-balls.
- Pile size cannot exceed the following dimensions: 3 feet high, 8 feet wide, and 15 feet long.
- Branches do NOT exceed 8 inches in diameter.
- Branches do NOT exceed 8 feet in length.
- All brush under 2 feet long is considered yard waste and should be placed in yard waste bags with a yard waste sticker to be picked up by the City's contracted garbage company on your designated garbage day.
- Place cut ends extended toward the street. If piles are not prepared with all cut ends toward the road, the pile will not be picked up.
- Brush placed in plastic bags or other containers will not be picked up by the City.
- If the brush does not comply with these guidelines, you will be given a notice, and the pile will not be picked up.
- Once the pile complies with the guidelines, contact the Public Works Department and the pile will be picked up.
- Contact Jeff Simmons at 630-836-3069 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Residents may access as many free woodchips at:
Public Works Garage, 3S346 Mignin Drive
The woodchip bin is accessible 24 hours per day and located at the north end of Mignin Drive. Resident cooperation is greatly appreciated in order to ensure that the program is efficient and can continue.