Location: The project area includes a section of the Illinois Prairie Path located in front of the City Hall and Warrenville Public Library, generally at Illinois Route 56 and Batavia Road.
Project Overview: In 2016, the City of Warrenville City Council authorized the creation of the Trailhead Workgroup which was charged with the development of a conceptual plan for the Trailhead project. The Workgroup consisted of key stakeholders from the City Council, Plan Commission, Bicyclist and Pedestrian Advisory Commission, Warrenville Park District, Warrenville Library District, Illinois Prairie Path and DuPage County. In December2021, the City Council approved the final Trailhead design plans and construction costs. Key elements include:
- Construction of a permanent bathroom facility with a covered picnic shelter area and a drinking fountain;
- Installation of a bike repair station, bike racks, and support components;
- Improvements to the existing gazebo to make it ADA accessible;
- Construction of a Illinois Prairie Path heritage seating area and informational kiosk;
- Providing gathering space improvements necessary to accommodate community events;
- Installation and relocation of walkway lighting and updated site furnishings;
- Installing landscape improvements and relocating the existing butterfly garden.
Funding: Surface Transportation Program (STP) funding will cover 75% of construction and construction engineering costs. The remaining 25% will be paid by the City.
Public Information Meeting: A virtual public meeting will be held to inform the public of the upcoming project construction. This meeting was held virtually on Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 7 p.m.
A recording of the meeting is located on the City's You Tube page. Trailhead You Tube Video
- IDOT Bulletin: March 25, 2022
- IDOT Letting/Bid Opening: April 29, 2022
- Estimated Start of Construction: August 2022
Design Consultants: Engineering Resource and Associates and Hitchcock Design Group
Contact: For more information contact Sr. Civil Engineer Kristine Hocking at 630-836-3066 or firstname.lastname@example.org.