October 12, 2023
28W701 Stafford Place
Warrenville, IL 60555
Public Meeting on Route 59 Multi Use Paths Project
Thursday, October 12, 2023
The City of Warrenville will hold a public information meeting about the Illinois Route 59 Multi-Use Paths Project.
WHEN: Thursday, October 12
TIME: 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Warrenville City Hall, 28W701 Stafford Place
City staff will answer questions and discuss the need for the project, design options, right-of-way acquisition, and the construction schedule.
Residents will enjoy safe, ADA-accessible paths to businesses and existing bikeways and trails along Route 59 from Batavia Road to Continental Drive and Meadow Avenue when work is complete.
This is a high priority project due to safety issues along this stretch of road that include:
- speeding cars
- accidents that injure or kill pedestrians and bicyclists
- the current lack of accessibility
Work on this project will:
- provide ADA pedestrian and bicycle access along Route 59 from Batavia to Continental Drive and Meadow Avenue
- install handicapped accessible ramps
- replace existing sidewalk
- improve drainage with new storm sewers
- relocate signs and utility poles
The project became part of the City's Bikeway Implementation Plan in 2016. The City then applied for a grant and received federal Surface Transportation Program funding that covers 75% of construction and engineering costs. The $200,000 Illinois State Representative Janet Yang Rohr requested will reduce the City’s share of engineering and construction costs for this necessary safety improvement.