The City Hall Parking lot at Stafford Place (adjacent to the Gazebo) and the Gazebo are closed to the public during Trailhead Project construction. Visitors can park in any of the spots in front of City Hall until the parking lot reopens.
The Trailhead Project includes a section of the Illinois Prairie Path located in front of City Hall and Warrenville Public Library, generally at Illinois Route 56 and Batavia Road. Current work includes utility relocations and earthwork, with construction scheduled to continue through February 2023. Key elements of the project include:
- Constructing a permanent bathroom facility, a covered picnic shelter area, and a drinking fountain
- Installing a bike repair station and bike racks
- Making the existing gazebo ADA accessible
- Creating an Illinois Prairie Path heritage seating area and an informational kiosk
- Providing space to accommodate community events
- Relocating walkway lighting and updating site furnishings
- Landscaping, and relocating the existing butterfly garden
Keep up with progress at warrenville.il.us/754/Trailhead-Project.