Coronavirus 2019 Updates
LAST UPDATED ON SEPTEMBER 21, 2020
Solicitor Licensing Suspended - Effective March 25, 2020
Issuance of door-to-door solicitation licenses by the City is suspended for the duration of the Declaration of Emergency pursuant to the Supplemental Order (PDF).
Questions can be directed to the Administration Department at (630) 836 - 3050.
Notice of Changes to City Services - Effective June 15, 2020
City buildings have reopened to the public with some limitations on hours and services. Customers are encouraged to continue to pay bills online, by phone at 888-750-5945 (utility bills only), or leave your payment in the drop box at the Manning Avenue entrance of City Hall. Contact the Finance Department, at 630-393-5753, with billing questions or 630-836-3050, for general inquiries or to purchase garbage stickers.
Permit applications and supporting information may be submitted online or left in the drop box at the Manning Avenue entrance. Contractor license applications and registrations can be submitted through the drop box. Staff will follow-up as soon as possible to confirm receipt of such documents. Large-scale paper submittals will be accepted by appointment only. Please call 630-393-9050, to make an appointment, schedule an inspection, or with any questions regarding zoning, building, or code enforcement.
City staff, including Police personnel, are continuing to work on behalf of the community to deliver critical services and meet operational needs. We will continue to update the public with information as it becomes available. For updates regarding the City’s response to COVID-19, visit this page or the City’s Facebook page regularly.
We appreciate your understanding during these difficult and uncertain times.
Meetings and Events - Effective June 26, 2020
- Public meetings will resume with both in-person and virtual attendance options available. Information about each meeting will be posted to the agenda center and calendar.
- Use of the City’s public meeting rooms by third party groups will continue to be suspended until further notice.
- Community events will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
The City continues to closely monitor the emergence of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), as information is received regularly from the DuPage County Health Department, Illinois Department of Public Health, and other resources.
The City is also taking extra precautions to protect staff and the general public, and encourages everyone to follow the Health Department and CDC guidelines for reducing the spread of germs:
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands frequently with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wear a mask or face covering when social distancing (6 feet or more) is not possible.
The City will continue to post updates to this page but for the most up to date information related to COVID-19, please visit the CDC website, Illinois Department of Public Health website, or Dupage County Health Department website.