Click to Home
Help Center
Go To Search
Graphic Links
City of Warrenville
28W701 Stafford Place
Warrenville, IL 60555
Ph: 630-393-9427
Amusement Devices / Game Room
Any person or business having amusement devices at their establishment, must obtain a sticker for each device. In addition, any establishment having more than one amusement device must obtain a game room license. A nonrefundable investigation fee of $375 will be required, unless the applicant holds a valid liquor license with the City. Each license and sticker is valid for one year beginning on January 1 and expiring on December 31 or each year. (Click here for application)

Game Room License
Class A - 20 Devices or More
Class B - 11 to 19 Devices
Class C - 2 to 10 Devices

Fees (Per Device)
One or More Amusement Devices
Pool Snooker, or Billiard Tables
Transfer Fee

Application for Carnival License
Individuals wanting to host a carnival must obtain a license. The application fee is $250. The application shall include the following information:  (Click here for Carnival License Application)
  • The name, age, and address of the person to whom the license is to be issued
  • If the application is on behalf of a corporation then it must be executed by an officer of the corporation or other person duly authorized to execute the application
  • The location of the premises or place of business
  • A statement that the applicant and his employees will not violate any of the laws of the State of Illinois or of the United States or any ordinance of the city in the conduct of the carnival
  • Affirmative documentation, which demonstrates that none of the carnival personnel who will be attending or operating child-oriented rides or shows is a child sex offender as defined in 720 Illinois Compiled Statutes 5/11-9.3 or 5/11-9.4

Business License

Any business operating within the City must obtain a license. The original business license is $35 with an annual renewal fee of $10. A business license is valid for one year beginning on January 1 and expiring on December 31 of each year. A variety of other types of licenses may be required depending upon the nature of the business.
(Click here for New Business Application) (Click here for Renewal Business Application)

For certain licenses, the city may require fingerprints to be on file. This can be done at the Police Department. In addition, fingerprinting services are provided for a small administrative fee by the department for other licensing applications that require fingerprints to be submitted.

Out-of-Town Businesses

Food Handler License

Any person or business operating a food service establishment must first obtain a food handler license. A food handler license is valid for one year beginning on January 1 and expiring on December 31 of each year. Before the city can issue a food handler license, the applicant must show proof of a valid permit from the DuPage County Health Department.
(Click here for Food Handlers Application)

Food Handler License Type
General Food Handler
Mobile Food Unit
Delivery Vehicle Per Vehicle - $5

License Application for Business-Related Use of Animals at City-Sponsored Events
Any person who desires to use an animal in a business related demonstration or amusement during the course of a city-sponsored event requires license. The application requires:
  • The business related demonstration or amusement
  • The type of animal to be used
  • The area where the animal will be located
  • The applicant's name and business address
  • The name and date of the city-sponsored event

The license costs $15. No license request may be submitted less than two working days prior to the city-sponsored event.

Liquor License

Businesses selling alcoholic beverages must obtain a liquor license granted by the local liquor commissioner, who is the mayor. Fees for the liquor license vary based on the class of license. Liquor licenses are valid for one year beginning on May 1 and expiring on April 30 of each year. All applicants will be fingerprinted and investigated by the Police Department prior to approval. The fee for this investigation and fingerprinting is $100 per person. Please allow six to 10 weeks for completion of the application and background check process. (Click here for Liquor License  Application)

24-Hour Liquor License
Organizations selling alcoholic beverages at any event must first obtain a 24-hour liquor license. The organization must apply for a license through the Finance Department. After obtaining the city’s 24-hour liquor license, the organization must also obtain a license from the State of Illinois.  (Click here for 24-Hour Liquor License Application)

Raffle License
Any not-for-profit organization hosting a raffle must first obtain a license. All applicants must specify the area and time period in which the raffle will be conducted. The organization must provide a sworn statement attesting to its not-for-profit status. Licenses will only be issued to religious, charitable, labor, fraternal, educational, or veterans organizations that have been in existence for at least five years. The fee for this license is $50 per raffle, plus a bond may be required. The City Council will consider requests for waiver of these fees. (Click here for Raffle License Application)

Scavenger License for Collection of Refuse
Any person or company engaging in the business of scavenger or the collection or disposal of animal or vegetable refuses or offal, must first obtain a license. The annual fee for the license is $750. This license is valid for one year beginning May 1 and expiring on April 30 of the following year. Click here for a listing of the scavenger services currently licensed to do business in Warrenville.  (Click here for Scavenger License Application)

For more information on any of the above noted licenses, contact the Finance Department at 630-393-9427.

Solicitors / Peddlers License
Any person wanting to sell goods or services door-to-door or in the public must obtain a license. The fee for this license is $25 per day per person. This license must be displayed at all times and will be valid only between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m., Monday through Saturday, except holidays. All solicitors must abide by a “no trespassing or soliciting allowed” notices.

For more information on the above noted license, contact the Administration Department at 630-393-9427.

Taxicab / Limousine
Any person or business operating a taxicab or limousine service must first obtain a license. The license is valid for one year beginning on January 1 and expiring on December 31 of each year. The fee for this license is $100.
(Click here for Taxicab/Limousine License Application)

Vending Machine License
Any business selling products by means of a vending machine must obtain a license for each vending machine. Vending machine licenses are valid for one year beginning on January 1 and expiring on December 31 of each year.
(Click here for Vending Machine Application)

Vending Machine Type Fee
Tobacco Vending Machine
Non-Tobacco Vending Machine $50