The Finance Department is located on the first floor of City Hall and is generally the first point of contact for most business conducted at City Hall.
The Finance Department is charged with performing the following functions:
- Accounting and Revenue Collection - The mission is to process, record, and report citywide financial transactions, and to account for the collection of all city revenue generated locally and through state or federal sources.
- Budget and Management Analysis - The mission is to assist the city budget officer to develop and publish the annual operating and capital budget. The objective of these budgets is to reflect city policies, goals, and priorities, and to communicate to the citizens and staff a financial action plan for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Money Management and Treasury - The mission of which is to safely manage the city's cash and to invest funds according to the city's investment policy and state code.
- Purchasing and Contract Administration - The mission to assure that city purchasing and contracting for goods and services adheres to city purchasing policies and statutory purchasing requirements.
- Utility Billing - The mission is to process timely and accurate utility user fee invoices to be delivered to system user, and to assure the collection and proper accounting of those collected user fees. Water and sewer bills can be paid:
- In person with cash, check, or credit card
- By regular mail
- Via direct debit through the Auto Pay program
- Online via credit card (with an associated convenience fee based upon the amount being paid, charged by the State of Illinois not the City)
- Via telephone Interactive Voice Response System (with an associated convenience fee based upon the amount being paid, charged by the State of Illinois not the City) - 888-750-5945
- Assistance with Property or Sales Tax Information
- Business and Liquor Licenses
- Notary Public
- Parking Placards
- Pilot II Taxi Rider Information
- Providing Information and Directions
- Refuse Collection Information
- Voter Registration
- Water and Sewer Payments