The City's Zoning Code Update public meeting August 9 allowed residents to share their thoughts on how the City can maintain its small-town feel in key areas of the community.
The City will update its zoning code to regulate future development and:
- Make sure that City buildings and public spaces (streets, sidewalks, parking, plazas, and gathering places) are connected and result in a high-quality, dynamic environment
- Attract private sector investment
- Provide different types of housing in key areas of the community
There are two main focus areas:
- Butterfield Road and Batavia Road
- Warrenville Road and Batavia Road
- Creating walkable, vibrant, community centers
- Encouraging mixed-use development
- Providing a variety of housing types
PHASE ONE of this process in May included a project kick-off meeting, listening sessions, and a field survey.
We encourage you to review the Project Directions Memo, which identifies key issues and recommendations, and also outlines the updated zoning code structure at: WarrenvillebyDesign-KeyTakeawaysSummary.pdf
NEXT STEPS following the August 9 public input meeting:
- During the summer and fall, the City's consultant team will develop an initial draft zoning code
- There will be a public review of the draft code during a community open house in the winter of 2024 at a day/time to be determined.
- Stay tuned for updates!