The City of Warrenville offers a municipal transportation program called ACORN for its senior and special needs residents. The Municipal Van Program transports Warrenville residents from their homes to any destination within a five-mile radius of City Hall (28W701 Stafford Place), including such places as medical facilities, shopping centers, entertainment venues, and friends' homes. Rider transportation hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; no holidays. During severe weather, service may be canceled for safety reasons. An ACORN Van Registration Form (PDF) must be completed and turned in to City Hall in order to participate in this program.
Questions or complaints can be made to Kristin Youngmeyer at 630-836-3056.
- Eligibility: Warrenville residents age 60+ or disabled at least 18 with RTA card. For more information visit the RTA's website or call (312) 836-7000.
- This is curb-to-curb service; drivers are not responsible for getting passengers in or out of their house, securing them in their wheelchair, dressing them, or taking them to or from their destination.
- Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with the first pickup at 8:30 a.m. and the last pickup at 3:30 p.m. No rides will be provided between 11:00 a.m. and noon or on city holidays (holidays that fall on a Saturday are observed the preceding Friday; on a Sunday, the following Monday):
- New Year's Day
- President's Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- New Years Eve
- Two business days in advance reservation required; call (630) 393-1223, ext. 1. A ride is scheduled only when the Driver calls and verifies it.
- Riders must schedule their return trip home; do not call the Van Driver on to be picked up as needed or ask the Driver to wait. Spontaneous trips that were not scheduled (i.e. drug store) are not permitted; these trips must be scheduled in advance.
- There is a 15-minute window for the van to arrive and wait.
- Travel limit: five-mile radius from City Hall, 28W701 Stafford Place.
- Item transport will be limited to what the passenger can carry. Drivers will not carry packages or groceries.
- Wheelchair must be standard size (23 inches to 32 inches wide) and must be secured.
- Passengers cannot bring along friends, family, or children to ride the van.
- No dogs or animals on van unless required by disability.
- No smoking permitted on van.
- Service Fee: $3 fee for one-way and/or round trips within Warrenville. $3 fee per one-way trip outside of Warrenville ($6 round trip)
- Riders must purchase a 10-ride ticket, which will be punched each time they ride the van. Each punch is worth $3, so a 10-ride ticket costs $30. Riders cannot ride without a 10-ride card - no exceptions.
Certain trips related to medical visits can be provided through social security. Contact the local social security administration office in Aurora at (800) 772-1213 or visit their website for more information.
Pace Bus Service (Route 676 - Cress Creek)
Provides rush hour feeder service from north and central Warrenville and northwestern Naperville to the Naperville Metra Station and reverse service to Cantera Business Park. Residential service to Cress Creek, Emerald Green, Mill Orchard Condominiums, Summerlakes, and Mill Crossing Condominiums. This route can accommodate wheelchairs. Contact PACE at (847) 364-PACE (7223) for more information.
Attention: The City of Warrenville is pleased to announce a one-year pilot program with Ride DuPage for seniors and disabled residents, beginning April 25. The program will provides paratransit services anywhere in DuPage County, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Eligible residents must register for the program in advance by completing and submitting the Ride DuPage Registration Form (PDF). Please allow at least one week from the date the application is received by the City for processing.
- Trip requests must be made a minimum of one day in advance.
- Registered riders can schedule a ride between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday. Call 1-800-713-7445 or TTY 1-800-713-7415 to schedule a ride. You must identify yourself as a Ride DuPage rider when scheduling.
- Cancellations must be made a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the originally scheduled trip. Trips missed or cancelled less than 30 minuets in advance are considered a no show and the rider will be billed $10.00 for each incident. Three (3) or more incidents within a three (3) month period will result in suspension from the program.
- Fares will be paid in cash. Fares will be $2.00 per trip (one-way) plus $1.00 per mile traveled.
- The first companion will ride free.
- For group reservations (3 or more riders), the rider who makes the reservation will pay the regular rate of $2.00 plus $1.00 per mile traveled; the first companion rides free; and each additional companion will pay a $1.50 flat fee.
For more information about the program, please review the Program Brochure (PDF). For questions about the program, please contact us at 630-836-3050.
This is a program administered by DuPage County and sponsored by the City of Warrenville. This program was primarily designed to ease transportation obstacles for senior citizens and persons with disabilities. However, agency and grant sponsors have been able to offer subsidies to many other DuPage County residents. To register, contact the City at (630) 393-9427. Complaints regarding service should be directed to City Hall at (630) 393-9427. For more information visit DuPage County Community Services' website or call (630) 682-7000 or (800) 942-9412.
Winfield Township offers a bus service for those age 65 and over and / or disabled (18 and older) who reside within Winfield Township. Visit the Winfield Township website or call (630) 520-0054 for program details.