Bicyclist & Pedestrian Advisory Commission
Mission - What We Do
The Bicyclist and Pedestrian Advisory Commission (BPAC) is dedicated to improving the bicycling and walking experience in Warrenville through capital improvements, amenities, events, and programs. BPAC works with the local agencies, businesses owners, and residents to identify opportunities.
Meetings & Agendas
The public is always invited to and encouraged to attend monthly BPAC meetings.
- The 2019 Meeting Schedule:
Tuesday, November 12
Tuesday, December 10
- 7 p.m.
- City Hall- City Council Chambers
28W701 Stafford Place
Warrenville, IL 60555
A link to the monthly BPAC agenda can be found on the City's calendar page. You are invited to attend to hear topics, ask questions and/or learn how to get involved.
BPAC's efforts in achieving its goals depend on understanding community needs and involvment. Attend meetings and/or contact the Commission with ideas, observations, or comments on how to strengthen Warrenville as a destination for bicyclists and pedestrians. Below lists roles of the commission:
Roles and responsibilities:
- Plan for bicyclists and pedestrians as part of a citywide and regional multi-use transportation system.
- Evaluate and identify ways to improve bicycle and pedestrian services, trails, paths, on-street bikeways, and other economically-feasible projects.
- Identify projects that improve safety for motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
- Reduce car and bike/pedestrian conflicts.
- Encourage bicycle commuting and walking.
- Initiate bicycle and pedestrian safety programs and events.
- Host public meetings to create safe routes to schools and parks.
- Provide resources and educational materials.
- Maintain the City's designation as a "Bicycle Friendly Community" by the League of American Bicyclists'.
- Establish communications with the Ride Illinois, Active Transportation Alliance, Illinois Prairie Path, the Trails Coordinator of the DuPage County Trails System, and other related community groups.
- Make recommendations to City Council for the planning of bikeway and pedestrian routes.